Network Troubleshooting For IT Support (CCNA / Network+)
Learn an essential skill required for all CCNA and network support roles.
This course is designed for students that have some networking knowledge and want to learn effective troubleshooting techniques. The purpose of the course is to teach proper troubleshooting and be effective in roles such as network support, data center operations, and helpdesk support.
Most of your time will be spent troubleshooting whether you are entry level helpdesk, network engineer, or senior technical role such as CCIE. In fact, data center and field technicians must also troubleshoot deployment problems regularly.
This course will teach proven techniques that you can utilize in your day-to-day responsibilities. They are applicable to any network topology or vendor platform.
- Learn effective techniques for troubleshooting common network problems
- Learn how to do root cause analysis for internet and cloud connection
- Collect data from user community with survey tools and create hypothesis
- Learn fail point isolation methods and analyze operational parameters
- Leverage tools to become effective as a network support analyst
As a foundational skill you will learn how to collect data, use support tools, fault point isolation, and perform root cause analysis. There are a variety of support tools included that can be utilized at work, on project, or with CCNA certification study.
- Four Steps to Troubleshooting
- Fault Point Isolation Techniques
- Per-Hop and Reverse Ping
- OSI Model Layered Approach
- Comparison Method
- Forwarding Path Analysis
This is a practical hands-on course with troubleshooting labs for the most common network errors. You will learn easy step-by-step procedures for fault point isolation with each lab topology. Student break/fix lab exercises are included as well to practice and verify your troubleshooting skills.
- IP Default Gateway
- Domain Name Services
- Web Server Application
- Traceroute Network Performance
- Remote Data Center Access
- ISP Internet Connection
- Destination Unreachable Error
- Cloud Data Center Connection
- Wireless Internet Access
- Switch EtherChannel
- DHCP Addressing
- Access Control Lists
CiscoNet Training Solutions is a certification training provider that has helped thousands of students study for Cisco certifications. Industry expert with 25+ years of IT experience, author, and recipient of Cisco spotlight awards.